Discord is a chat app with a following of millions of users. It’s simple to use and can be accessed on any device. When you find a funny or insightful quote in Discord, you may want to share it with others. Here’s how to cite a Discord quote.
When citing a Discord quote, include the username of the person who said it, as well as the date and time that it was said. If possible, also include a link to the message itself. For example:
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – @username, 1/1/2018 12:00pm EST
If you’re quoting someone without giving their name (anonymous), just use Anonymous instead of a username. For example:
The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Anonymous, 2/2/2018 6:00pm EST
How to attribute a Discord quote
Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities. It allows users to communicate with each other using text, audio, video, and/or image formats in real-time.
If you’re looking to quote someone on Discord, there are a few different ways you can do it. Here’s how:
To quote someone using the blockquote feature, simply type > followed by the message you want to quote. For example:
> This is an awesome message!
To quote someone without using the blockquote feature, type \ before the message you want to quote. For example:
\This is an awesome message!
You can also use backticks (`) to quote messages on Discord. For example:
`This is an awesome message!`
How to give credit for a Discord quote
Discord is a communication platform for gamers that lets you easily share quotes from games, movies, and other sources. When you want to give credit for a quote on Discord, you can use the Credit command. This will let you type out the source of the quote so everyone knows where it came from.
To give credit for a quote on Discord:
1. Type /credit into the text box.
2. A new window will pop up asking for the source of the quote.
3. Type in the source of the quote and hit enter.
4. The credit will be given at the bottom of your message!
How to reference a Discord quote
When you want to reference a Discord quote, you need to follow these steps:
1. Find the message containing the quote in the chat history. To do this, navigate to the channel where the quote was said, then click on the small clock icon next to the channel name. This will open up a menu of options; select View Message History.
2. In the message history, locate and right-click on the quoted message. A menu will appear; select Copy ID.
3. Paste the copied ID into your document or wherever you’re referencing the quote. Be sure to put brackets around it so people know it’s a Discord reference ([MessageID]).
Assuming you want something like this
-User 2:[quoted message]
You would type User 1’s discord tag, followed by their message then hit enter twice before typing User 2’s discord tag and their quoted message
How to quote on Discord
When it comes to quoting on Discord, there are a few different ways you can go about it. Here is a step by step guide on how to quote on Discord:
1) Highlight the text you want to quote and copy it.
2) Head over to the message box and type in /quote.
3) Paste the text you copied into the quotation marks that appear.
4) Hit enter and your quoted message will appear!