There are a few things you can do to stop people from messaging you on Discord. The first is to change your privacy settings so that only people who are on your Friends List can message you. You can do this by going into your User Settings and selecting the Privacy & Safety tab. Under the Messages section, select Friends Only.
Another way to stop people from messaging you is to block them. This will prevent them from being able to message you or see if you’re online. To block someone, go to their profile page and click the three dots next to their name. Select Block from the drop-down menu.
If there’s someone in particular who is spamming or harassing you, you can report them to Discord’s Trust and Safety team. To do this, go to their profile page and click the flag icon next to their name. Select the reason for why you’re reporting them and then submit it.
How to make it so people can’t message you on Discord
Discord offers a great deal of control over how you can be contacted by other users. In this article, we’ll show you how to make it so people can’t message you on Discord.
There are two ways to go about this. The first is to block the user that you don’t want to hear from. Blocking a user will prevent them from sending you Direct Messages, or being able to @mention you in any server that you share. To block a user:
1) Click on the User Settings cog in the lower left corner of your screen (it looks like a gear).
2) Select Privacy & Safety from the list of settings on the left hand side.
3) Scroll down to the Blocked Users section and click Add someone…
4) Type in the name or ID of the person that you wish to block and press enter/return.
5) That’s it! The user is now successfully blocked and they will no longer be able to contact you directly on Discord.
The second way to prevent someone from messaging you is by hiding your online status. When your online status is hidden, nobody will be able see when you’re online or what game you’re playing (if applicable). This means that people won’t be able send you direct messages, as they’ll only be able too when they know that you’re currently online and available. To hide your online status:
1) Click on your User Settings cog in the lower left corner of your screen (it looks like a gear).
2) Select Privacy & Safety from the list of options down the left hand side 3) Toggle off Display currently running game as a status message. 4) Next to where it says Online Status, select invisible from the drop-down menu 5) That’s all there is too it! Your Online Status is now set as Invisible, meaning people won’t be able see when
How to block people from messaging you on Discord
Discord is a voice and text chat app designed for gamers that lets you easily find, join, and chat with friends. It’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. You can also use it to manage your server permissions and members.
If you’re getting too many messages from someone on Discord, you can block them so they can’t contact you anymore. This will stop them from being able to message you privately or in any of the servers you share. Blocking someone on Discord hides their messages from you but doesn’t notify them that they’ve been blocked. They’ll still be able to see your posts and activity in public channels, however.
To block someone on Discord:
1) Open the Discord app on your device and sign in if necessary.
2) Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3) Scroll down and tap BLOCKED at the bottom of the menu. If this is your first time blocking someone, the BLOCKED tab may not appear yet since it only shows up after you’ve blocked at least one person.
4) Enter the name or @username of the person you want to block in the box labeled BLOCK USER. As you type their name, a list of matching results will appear below; select their name when it appears to add them to your block list. Alternatively, tap Search by ID near the bottom of this page and enter their user ID number instead (you can find this by right-clicking their name anywhere on Discord).
5) Tap Block when prompted (Android only). Doing so adds them to your blockee list immediately 6) Optional: To confirm that you’ve successfully blocked someone, return to the main windowractor then attempt sending yourself a message; if successfulfvgrthyu should no longer receive notifications about any messages sent by that user..
How to stop people from contacting you on Discord
Discord is a messaging app with a following of millions of users. It’s simple to use and can be accessed on any device. However, sometimes you may want to stop people from contacting you on Discord. Here are some ways to do just that:
1) block the user. When you block someone on Discord, they will no longer be able to send you Direct Messages or add you as a friend. To do this, right-click on the person’s name in your chat list and select Block.
2) hide your online status. If you don’t want anyone to know when you’re online, you can hide your online status by going into your account settings and selecting Invisible Mode. This will make it so that only people who are already friends with you will be able to see when you’re online.
3) set up Do Not Disturb mode. If there’s someone in particular that you don’t want bothering you, but blocking them isn’t an option, then setting them to Do Not Disturb mode is a good way to go. They’ll still be able to message you, but their messages will be hidden away untilyou turn off Do Not Disturb mode again. To do this, right-click on the person’s name in your chat list and select Set Aside for Do Not Disturb.
4) delete or leave servers . If there’s a server that has become too problematic for whatever reason, then the best solution is usually just deleting it (or leaving if it’s not yours). Keep in mind that this will also remove all associated data such as chats, direct messages, etc., so backup anything important before doing this!
How to make it so people can’t message you on Discord
Discord is a communication platform for gamers that lets you easily voice chat, share photos and videos, and join channels with your friends. You can also set up a Discord server to host your own multiplayer games. If you’re trying to figure out how to make it so people can’t message you on Discord, there are a few steps you can take.
First, if you don’t want people to be able to send you direct messages, you can disable that feature in your privacy settings. Just go to User Settings, then Privacy & Safety, and toggle off the option that says Allow Direct Messages from Server Members.
If you want to completely block someone on Discord so they can never contact you again, however, there’s no built-in way to do that. The best thing you can do is add them to your block list (which prevents them from seeing when you’re online) and then leave any servers they’re in. They’ll still technically be able to message other people in those same servers as long as they’re not blocking them too, but at least they won’t be able annoyingly pinging you all the time.